Who I Am
I am a dedicated troubleshooter and problem solver who loves helping others. I have an innate curiosity and passion for finding solutions, while learning new things and expanding my skills.
Summary of Qualifications
- Customer service with a proven track record of success.
- Experience working independently and with a team in a remote environment.
- Content and documentation writing and editing.
Flywheel – (Remote): 2018 – Present
Technical Onboarding Specialist
- Onboarding of customers to plan site migrations and launches.
- Effectively communicate with customers via phone calls, tickets, and emails.
- Educate customers about hosting features and Flywheel’s managed WordPress hosting platform.
- Configure sites for best performance to reduce support requests and increase customer satisfaction.
- Write and update internal tutorials for processes and troubleshooting.
- Mentor new hires on migrations and troubleshooting.
Tier 1 and Tier 2 Happiness Engineer
- Assisted customers with questions about their sites and managed hosting.
- Communicated clearly with customers of varying backgrounds and skillsets via tickets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to website emails, SFTP, downtime.
- Debugged performance issues related to PHP and/or WordPress sites using the command line and internal tools.
- Researched and recommend solutions (usually plugins) for features not included in managed hosting.
Dr. Sears Wellness Institute – Englewood, CO (Remote): 2017
Freelance Web Developer
- Maintenance and updates of multiple WordPress sites.
- Researching and implementing solutions for feature requests.
- Custom code for additional functionality.
- Updates, maintenance, and new site builds in multisite networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve email, connection problems, site layout issues.
- Rewrite of tutorials for WordPress end users/site owners.
- Redesign and recoding of a large WordPress website.
InMotion Hosting – Virginia Beach, VA & Remote: 2010 – 2017
Web Design Technical Team Lead: 2013 – 2017
- Investigated and resolved problems with WordPress, WooCommerce, and HTML websites.
- Prepared project scopes and estimates for additional requests.
- Trained and mentored team members in best practices for coding, site setup, project management, and content organization.
- Coached team members in identifying and implementing code for design and/or functionality requests.
- Educated team members and clients regarding functionality and plugins.
- Overhauled private department WordPress site for internal documentation of workflows, policies, tutorials, etc.
Designer II: 2012 – 2013
- Design, coding, and launch of WordPress, OpenCart, and HTML sites.
- Project management of multiple simultaneous accounts from initial design through launch.
- Educated clients on best practices for usability, SEO, and site optimization.
- Trained clients to become proficient with WordPress.
Customer Community Team: 2011 – 2012
- Increased website traffic to support center by writing clear and informative support articles.
- Assisted customers and site visitors with web hosting and associated questions.
- Improved customer satisfaction by beta testing and documenting bugs on new Support Center prior to launch.
Tier 1 Technical Support: 2010 – 2011
- Balanced multiple tasks to quickly decipher and respond to customer requests.
- Efficiently answered a myriad of web hosting technical questions.
- Resolved customer complaints to minimize supervisor escalations and thrill customers.
Hagemeyer North America – Charleston, SC & Remote: 2007 – 2010
Data Consultant & Catalog Production Assistant
‘Net Profits, Inc. – Virginia Beach, VA: 2005 – 2007
Marketing Assistant/Web Designer
Eimskip Logistics – Virginia Beach, VA: 2004 – 2005
Integrated Logistics 2000 – Virginia Beach, VA: 2003 – 2004
Education & Certifications
- A.A.S. Degree – Information Systems Technology
- Certificate – Web Development Specialist
- CIW Professional